We've been working with the NHS and other public service organisations, members of the public and advocacy groups to develop a shared vision for NHS complaint handling. We've called this the Complaint Standards Framework.
Now we want to hear from you
Have your say in shaping the future of NHS complaint handling by taking part in our survey.
Watch our short animation below or read on to find out more.
The Framework sets out a single set of standards for staff to follow and provides standards for leaders to help them capture and act on the learning from complaints.
This version of the Framework is for:
- All NHS staff, including all clinical and non-clinical staff and senior leaders, to:
- provide a clear vision of how to approach feedback and complaints effectively
- set out how they should approach learning from complaints to improve services.
- Everyone who provides feedback or makes a complaint about the NHS, and the people who support, advise or advocate for them. It sets out what they can expect to see and experience when doing so.
- NHS staff who are being complained about. It will make sure they are supported and that the complaint is seen as a learning opportunity rather than a finger-pointing exercise.
The Framework is built on the following four principles: