On 15 July 2020, PHSO and Working Group members launched the public consultation on the Complaint Standards Framework. We have put together this short toolkit to help with sharing messages across social media.
The consultation runs from 15 July to 18 September. It would be great if you could post on your social media channels on launch date and at regular intervals throughout the campaign.
For forward planning and scheduling, please see our suggested text for social media posts below. Feel free to adapt for your own channels and please use the hashtags #MakeComplaintsCount and #NHSComplaints. If you prefer to reshare our posts you can find us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
You can also help by posting a blog on your website, encouraging people to participate in the survey (for reference see Rob Behrens’ blog).
Thanks for your support! If you have any feedback on the toolkit or other ideas for ways to promote engagement in the survey please let us know.
Suggested text for social media posts
1. Working with partners across the health sector we've developed a new set of standards to promote consistent, high quality handling of #NHSComplaints. Now we want to hear what you think of it.
💬Have your say and help #MakeComplaintsCount: http://ow.ly/JtMf50AxB1E
2. There’s no single set of standards for NHS staff to follow when they respond to #NHSComplaints. The Complaint Standards Framework aims to change that. But what should it look like? #MakeComplaintsCount
Have your say: http://ow.ly/JtMf50AxB1E
3. To #MakeComplaintsCount in the NHS, the way they’re handled should:
- promote learning & improvement
- encourage people to actively seek & share feedback
- be thorough & fair
- be balanced & accountable.
Do you agree? Let us know what you think: http://ow.ly/JtMf50AxB1E
4. The NHS Complaint Standards Framework will set out a shared vision for the way #NHSComplaints are handled. But what should it look like?
To have your say in shaping the future of complaint standards for the NHS visit: http://ow.ly/JtMf50AxB1E
5. How can we make sure #NHScomplaints are handled well? And that organisations learn from them to improve what they do? We want to hear your views.
Have your say and help #MakeComplaintsCount http://ow.ly/JtMf50AxB1E
You can find images to use for your social media posts in this Dropbox folder.
We have an animation you can use in your social media posts and on your website. This is available in:
- full length (1.33 minutes)
- shorter length (1.15 minutes).
There is also a short animated snippet to go with suggested tweet number 5.
You can find these in the animations folder in Dropbox.