We publish regular data to help Parliament hold public services to account and help the organisations we investigate, regulators and others improve public services and the way they handle complaints.
Our data on NHS organisations in England
We produce quarterly reports on the number of complaints we receive for each acute NHS trust in England. View our reports on NHS organisations here.
Complaints to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
We publish annual data about the complaints PHSO receives and the decisions made on complaints about the NHS in England and UK Government Departments and other public services. In order to ensure that data is accurate, complaints data is cleansed annually after the end of each financial year. For this reason, we will not publish complaints data on a quarterly basis at this stage.
Our data on UK government departments and public organisations
We publish an annual review of the UK government departments and some other UK public organisations that we investigate:
- Complaints about UK government departments and agencies, and some UK public organisations 2016-17 (PDF 521KB)
- Complaints about UK government departments and agencies, and some UK public organisations 2015-16 (PDF 1.8MB)
- Complaints about UK government departments and agencies, and some UK public organisations 2014-15 (PDF 1.7MB)
- The Parliamentary Ombudsman’s review of government complaint handling 2013 (PDF 1.8MB)
- Research into what people think about complaining
- Research with Non Executive Directors of UK government departments and public organisations (PDF 810KB)
We commissioned research to understand the role Non Executive Directors play in using complaints data to drive service improvement.