Unfortunately there are some organisations or matters we can't look into.
People often contact us about things we cannot help with. With a few exceptions, we cannot normally look at complaints about the organisations, people or matters listed on this page.
The links below give you the contact details of the best organisation to advise you on how to take your complaint forward.
- Consumer problems (goods or services you have bought)
- Financial services and pensions (banks, building societies, insurance and private pensions)
- Gas, electricity and water
- Lawyers and solicitors
- Local councils (includes council tax benefits, housing, planning, social care)
- Members of Parliament
- Mental Health Act
- Postal services
- Private healthcare
- Social care
- Telecommunications (telephones and internet)
- Television, radio, newspapers and advertising.
If the organisation or group you want to complain about is not listed here, or you have any questions, then please call our Helpline 0345 015 4033 to find out if we, or another organisation we know of, can help you.
Please also see our list of links to other ombudsmen.
If you need help or support, we have information about free advice and advocacy services.