​Consumer problems

​Generally we can't look at complaints about commercial companies from which you have bought goods or services. This includes shops, builders, traders, and internet sites.

You should contact one of the following organisations which will be able to tell you how to take forward your complaint.


The Which? website contains lots of information about consumer issues. You can also find information on their site about how to use ombudsman services.

Citizens Advice

The Citizens Advice website provides information about your rights in matters such as: benefits, housing, employment, debt, consumer and legal issues. The Citizens Advice service helps people sort out legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers.

Trading Standards

Your local trading standards office can give you advice and guidance if you are in dispute with goods and services providers.