Save the date: Working seminar on the Manchester Memorandum 9-10 November 2021
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) UK in partnership with the International Ombudsman Institute (IOI) cordially invite you to attend, either in person or remotely, The Manchester Memorandum working seminar on the development of national Ombudsman institutions in Manchester, UK on 9-10 November 2021.
This will include vibrant debate on the themes of:
1. Peer Review and the Venice Principles
2. The development of a Competency Framework for national Ombudsman officers
3. Reaching vulnerable and marginalised citizens
4. Branding and the term ‘Ombudsman’
Register your interest
The Conference will be free of charge to IOI members. Please register your interest in attending the seminar by emailing Faye.Glover@ombudsman.org.uk.
In your email, please indicate whether you will:
- join in person or remotely
- join the seminar dinner in central Manchester on the evening of 9 November.
Call for papers
Please also send offers of papers on any of the above four themes to Faye Glover as soon as possible.
The Seminar was endorsed by the World Board of IOI following a warm reception for the joint PHSO/IOI study, The Art of the Ombudsman: leadership through international crisis (May 2021) at the recent IOI World Conference in Dublin.